WVU Parkerburg Student Google Apps Documentation:
Select an App from the list below:
Gmail is the email service for the institution. Gmail offers the flexibility to view email on your desktop (via Microsoft Outlook) or through a web client. Your email address will end “@wvup.edu“ NOT gmail.com.
Accessing WVUP Email
You will need two pieces of information to access your WVU Parkersburg Email: a WVUP Email Address and a
If you do not know your WVUP Email Address:
- Go to http://it.wvup.edu/IDlookup.aspx
- Enter your WVUP ID number (9-digit number starting with ‘9’) into the textbox provided and
If you do not know your WVUP ID Number:
- Go to http://www.wvup.edu/OLSIS and log into the system
(If you have not set up your OLSIS account, please click here)
- Once logged in, go to STUDENT RECORDS > STUDENT RECORDS > VIEW STUDENT INFORMATION.
- On the next screen at the top right will be your WVUP ID number listed next to your name.
- Your WVUP Network ID will appear on the screen. Your WVUP Email Address is your WVUP Network ID with '@wvup.edu' at the end.
- Network ID: jdoe
- WVUP Email Address:firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not know your WVUP ID Password:
- By default, it is your birthday in six digits (mmddyy)
- If you are still unable to log in, please contact the IT Help Desk at 304-424-8215 or Submit a Ticket
1. What will my new email address be?
Your email address structure will be your WVUP Email username with '@wvup.edu' at the end.
Using Your Email with the Gmail Web Client Tutorials:
o Gmail Navigation
o Creating and Sending an Email
Google Calendar Overview:
- Allows for easy time-management and the ability to share and see calendar
information with others.
Google Calendar Web Client
Didn't find what you were looking for?
o For more information, please see Google Calendar Online Support available
Google Drive Overview:
- Google Drive is a web-based file maintenance center.
- It allows you to save, edit and create documents spreadsheets, presentation
slides and drawings using Google Docs.
- Google Docs is a service within Google Drive. You can also open Gmail
attachments in Google Docs to view and make edits.
1. If I upload a file to Google Drive, how do I edit it if I need to?
Microsoft files uploaded to Google Drive, and are accessed using the Installed
version, will be edited using
the Microsoft Office Suite installed on the computer.
o Editable File Types:
- If you use the web version to view or make changes, not all files can be edited
using the web tools for Google Drive.
- .doc or .docx (Microsoft Word Files)
- .pptx or .pps (Microsoft PowerPoint Files)
- .xls or .xlsx (Microsoft Excel Files)
- If you create a Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or Drawings
file in the Google Web Client, you can only edit the
files in the Google Web
2. How do I rename or remove a file from Google Drive Installed?
- You can download a Google-created file and it will be saved
in its corresponding format:
o Google Docs = .docx
o Google Slides = .pptx
o Google Sheets = .xlsx
o Rename a File:
Right-Click the file inside of Google Drive Installed and select RENAME to rename a file.
o Remove a File:
Right-Click the file inside of Google Drive Installed and select DELETE to remove a file.
Google Talk Overview:
- Google Talk is an optional instant messaging system which allows you to chat with other users.
- In order to chat with a user, the user must accept an add request, as with other instant messaging systems.
Google Talk via Gmail Web Client: