Google Drive Overview:
Google Drive is a web-based file maintenance center.
It allows you to save, edit and create documents spreadsheets, presentation
slides and drawings using Google Docs.
Google Docs is a service within Google Drive. You can also open Gmail
attachments in Google Docs to view and make edits.
1. If I upload a file to Google Drive, how do I edit it if I need to?
- Microsoft files uploaded to Google Drive, and are accessed using the Installed
version, will be edited using
the Microsoft Office Suite installed on the computer.
o Editable File Types:
- If you use the web version to view or make changes, not all files can be edited
using the web tools for Google Drive.
- .doc or .docx (Microsoft Word Files)
- .pptx or .pps (Microsoft PowerPoint Files)
- .xls or .xlsx (Microsoft Excel Files)
- If you create a Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or Drawings
file in the Google Web Client, you can only edit the
files in the Google Web
2. How do I rename or remove a file from Google Drive Installed?
- You can download a Google-created file and it will be saved
in its corresponding format:
o Google Docs = .docx
o Google Slides = .pptx
o Google Sheets = .xlsx
o Rename a File:
Right-Click the file inside of Google Drive Installed and select RENAME to rename a file.
o Remove a File:
Right-Click the file inside of Google Drive Installed and select DELETE to remove a file.
Google Drive Installed Tutorials: